I will be independent and critical, and I will promote YOUR interests over the Special Interests.
Support for Your Businesses
The North Street Bike Lanes: the face of municipal waste and incompetence.
They are dangerous, block emergency vehicles, and wreck businesses. Traffic is snarled, and even bicyclists fear riding in them. Bad dollars spent wastes your taxes and offsets/delays needed work. You will not have a city which provides clean water, sewer, education, and services when our businesses go broke. We residents and businesses need a prosperous economy, and I will work hard to make that happen.
No Tax Dollars For Special Interests –
- I will insist that your tax dollars be spent with transparency and integrity.
- North St. Bike Lanes are a disastrous abuse of your taxes and are destroying businesses and are hazardous.
- I will support redoing the Bike Master Plan to stop repeating the North St. disaster on Tyler & Dalton.
- I will oppose public money for special interests and will speak out against giving tax dollars to special interests.
- I will investigate proposals and present the straight facts so you get the truth.
- I will get your voices heard by visiting your neighborhoods regularly and learning your concerns.
Protect Schools & Neighborhoods
- I will support programs focused on sound methods for reducing the high school dropout rates.
- I will support appropriate funding of the school budget and policing of neighborhoods suffering from crime. All citizens in Ward 2 deserve to feel safe walking their streets – especially the children.
- I will support internships with area businesses to promote the graduation-to-work path.
- I will support the efforts and goals of the Morningside Initiative Action Plan.
Protect Your Property
- Cannabis production is wrecking our air quality. Complaints must be addressed!
- Ward 2 suffers from urban blight. I want the city to address abandoned buildings, landscape the roads, maintain crosswalks and sidewalks, improve snow removal, and clean the GE wasteland on Tyler St. I will push hard for beautification efforts for Ward 2.
- I will seek improving roads and repairing failed storm-water drains.
- I support stabilizing taxes on business and reject regular tax increases.
- I will work with the Tyler Street Business Group, Inc. & city-wide businesses to advance their needs.
- I will support revitalizing Ward 2 and the City as a whole by driving strategies to increase small manufacturing and business development for well paying jobs.
- I will advocate using ARPA (American Rescue Plan Funds) for long-term investment in infrastructure and for attracting new manufacturing to Pittsfield.